25 Years of Giving
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for joining us in celebrating our Foundation's 25th Anniversary through our 25 Years of Giving Video Contest.
You came, you watched and then you voted - now it's time for our winners to be recognized!
View the videos in your region:
- North Carolina
- Northwest Mississippi
- South Carolina
- East/Northeast Tennessee
- Middle Tennessee
- West Tennessee
In celebration of our Foundation's 25th anniversary of supporting our communities, First Horizon Foundation, the charitable foundation of Capital Bank and First Tennessee, is launching our 25 Years of Giving Video Contest.
For the past quarter-century, our foundation has distributed more than $80 million to meet community needs and we are excited to continue investing in our communities as our company continues to grow and expand.
The First Horizon Foundation operates under two entities, Capital Bank Foundation and the First Tennessee Foundation.
Our 25 Years of Giving Video Contest celebrates this milestone and introduces the Capital Bank Foundation to organizations in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
The contest will be held from June 25 – Aug. 1 and $250,000 will be invested back into our communities to winning organizations.
Previous grant recipients, as well as nonprofits that would like to be considered for foundation funding, may submit videos of up to 60 seconds in length. Videos should illustrate how a grant from our foundation has helped or could help the community.
Finalists will be determined through public voting and a panel of judges will select winners, which will receive grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000. A total of $250,000 will be awarded.
The 25 Years of Giving Video Contest is open to any 501c3 organization that is eligible to receive funding from our foundation. Ineligible organizations include political, solely religious, social and fraternal nonprofits. Videos can only be submitted by an eligible organization’s representative and only one submission will be accepted per organization. The contest is subject to all federal laws and regulations.
AREAS OF GIVING
- Arts & Culture: Promoting excellence and enrichment in the arts
- Education & Leadership: Educating, developing the next generation of leaders
- Environment: A more sustainable tomorrow, future
- Financial Literacy: Investing in the financial future
- Health & Human Services: Improving the well-being of our communities
- Organization's submission must highlight how it has partnered with or could partner with our foundation to strengthen our communities.
- All submissions must be original work by the organization and/or its representatives.
- All submissions must be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Videos produced using a smartphone are acceptable – and actually preferred.
- Only one submission per organization.
Deadline to enter: Aug. 1, 2018 no later than midnight CST.
- Round 1: Public voting - Aug. 15 - 31, 2018 – Top 25 videos with the most votes will be reviewed by a panel of celebrity judges.
- Round 2: Celebrity judges - Sept. 5 - 19, 2018 – Judges will select winning videos; organizations with winning videos will receive cash prizes ranging from $5,000 to $25,000. A total of up to $250,000 will be awarded.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Aug. 1, 2018: Submission Deadline
- Aug. 15, 2018: Public voting begins
- Aug. 31, 2018: Public voting ends
- Sept. 5-19, 2018: Panel of judges select winners
- October 1, 2018: Winners announced